As we age, we may begin to notice that our lips are lacking the color, volume and shape they once had — that’s where lip fillers come in! Whether you want to enhance volume or restore your natural contours, we provide the highest quality of care to ensure optimal results. Show your lips some love this month and beyond with help from our glow-getting treatments at Atagi Plastic Surgery and Skin Aesthetics.
Ready to learn more? Let’s dive into the lip filler process:
Preparing for your appointment
One week prior to your appointment…
- Refrain from taking blood-thinning medications such as Advil or Aleve, which can increase risk of bruising.
- Steer clear of blood-thinning supplements including St. John’s Wort, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng and vitamin E.
- Do not drink green tea as it can make you more susceptible to bruising.
Two days before your appointment…
- Avoid the use of anti-aging products that contain tretinoin, retinol, retinoids, glycolic acid and exfoliating agents.
- Refrain from waxing, bleaching, tweezing or using other depilatory methods on the area being treated.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
The day of your appointment…
- Be sure to arrive with your face clean and free from any makeup.
During your appointment
Topical anesthetic may be applied to ensure your comfort during treatment. A thin needle is used to inject filler into certain parts of your lips, such as your cupid’s bow, vermillion border or the corners of your mouth. You may experience a slight pinching sensation as the filler is injected. The entire process takes about 30 minutes.
After your appointment
There’s no necessary downtime, so you’re free to return to your regular routine immediately following treatment. You may notice minor side effects at the injection site, such as swelling, bruising or redness, but these should dissipate on their own in a few days. Be sure to avoid participating in strenuous exercise, applying products to your lips and drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours following your appointment.