Nowadays, it seems like more and more people are talking about Laser Hair Removal. Perhaps you have considered it too. If you shave, smooth results seem like they only last an hour and you have to constantly combat new growth along with bumps, rashes, nicks, cuts and general skin irritation.
If you are now considering laser hair removal at Atagi Plastic Surgery & Atagi Skin Aesthetics in Denver, you might like to know exactly how it works!
- Laser hair removal at Atagi Skin Aesthetics works by targeting the melanin or pigment within the hair follicles. As the laser light energy is absorbed by the pigment, the follicle is injured, destroying its ability to grow hair.
- A treatment normally takes between 15 to 45 minutes depending on the area(s) addressed. Treatments are usually scheduled 4 to 6 weeks apart, also depending on the area or areas.
- Any hair-bearing area can be treated with laser hair removal. Popular areas include the upper lip and chin, underarms, bikini area, legs, back and shoulders. The brows tend to be an area less popular to address because they require numerous treatments, and permanently setting a brow shape may not be amenable to varying trends in brow aesthetic.
- Certain skin types and tanned skin may not be good candidates for laser hair removal.
- Laser hair removal can permanently disable any hair follicle in its active growth cycle on the day of your treatment. Follicles not active at the time of the first treatment will become treatable as they enter their growth phase in a few weeks. Most active hair follicles must be treated more than once. Hence, the need for repeat treatments.
- Treated hair will begin to work its way out of the follicle and will start to fall out between 10 to 14 days after the treatment.